Diwali Celebrations in my hostel and the JNU campus: A Photo Essay

Topics: Campus, Photography

These are photos of the Diwali celebrations from the Sabarmati Hostel and the JNU campus. The Rangoli was made by students in the Sabarmati Hostel. The last pic is of the food festival Tastopia held near Ganga hostel of the JNU campus.

Diawali Deepawali JNU campus Sabarmati Hostel

Diwali Firecrackers JNU campus Sabarmati hostel

Diawali Deepawali JNU campus Sabarmati Hostel

Diawali Deepawali JNU campus Sabarmati Hostel

See More Photos

Click here to see about 20 more bigger photos of Deepawali celebrations, Kali Pooja in JNU campus and the said food festival on my extension blog.

1. smitha kumaran says:

Lovely Rangoli!

2. Chatterbox says:

You guys seem to have had a fantastic time this Diwali with that beautiful Rangoli and lot of crackers.

Thanks for sharing he pictures 🙂

3. Reema says:

still bursting crackers after the cartoon? 🙂

4. sakshi says:

Came here to congratulate you for winning the JKG contest..Whoa JNU?? I was a frequent trespasser there while my husband was studying at IIT

5. You guys had a great Diwali! Love the rangoli the best… but must say your pictures look great too, the lights, the firecrackers.. – great!

6. hitchwriter says:

Lovely pics !!

and hey Congrats on the JKG award !!!!!!! 😀 😀

Thanks Indian Homemaker and Hitchwriter. 🙂

8. sunil balani says:

Obviously everyone had a great time .I found this interesting and meaninigful , hope you will like it too….

9. Beautiful pics. Was missing Diwali a lot. Your pics gave a virtual tour. Thanks for visiting my blog 🙂 Keep blogging

Thank you Avada. If you miss Holi, see my Holi blog http://jnuholi.wordpress.com

11. Jhon says:

hiii guys…..
    You guys had a great Diwali! Love the rangoli the best… but must say your pictures look great too, the lights, the firecrackers…..
    Fireworks
    i feel very lucky can find this page..
    finally i find something that i want to know..
    thank you for this usefull informations..

12. Your style is so unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from.

I appreciate you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity,
    Guess I will just bookmark this page.

13. Very nice article, totally what I was looking for.

19 Comments Trackbacks For This Post

1. Diwali celebration photos from JNU campus and Sabarmati Hostel « Vikas, JNU [Extension to my other blogs]