Shopping Tip: How to find the cheapest computer prices in Delhi?

Topics: How-to

If you live in New Delhi or adjoining regions, you may be knowing that ‘Nehru Place’ in Delhi is the popular computer market in Delhi where not only Delhites but people from all of Northern India flock to get computers and electronics at the cheapest wholesale prices.

Nehru Place Computer Market in Delhi

In fact it can argued that Nehru Place (the IT hub) in Delhi has the cheapest rates for computers and electronic items in India as they charge you wholesale rates for the items (my friend in Bangalore does not go the S.P. Road, he asks me the prevalent price in Nehru Place shops!).

So if you want to know the lowest possible price of some computer-related item or some electronics item and you did not consult Nehru Place shops then chances are that you have spent more than what you should!

In my opinion (and in the opinion of my friends and others), there are some shops in Nehru Place (such as the ‘Cost to Cost’ and ‘Computer Empire’) which lead the pack by providing the greatest discounts. They usually their prices (of almost all items including computers parts, hard drives, laptops, printers, external hard disks, web cam, keyboards, motherboard, pen drives, UPS, mouse, monitor, accessories etc). Please note that these are the biggest shops there (Cost to Cost is the bigger among the two and I also like it more; they also have DIY (do-it-yourself) ATM-type machines where you can feed your items and get automated price quoting to do your cost planning before buying!) but that does not mean you should ignore the smaller shops. Computer Empire people, for example, hitherto looked very proud and not very customer-friendly; they also started publishing their prices only later than Cost to Cost. I will soon write a guide on computer shopping in Nehru place from my experiences. You can see Nehru Place photos here.

How to find the cheapest computer prices?

Cost to Cost on it’s website is publishing the full price list since some time now. All you have to do is to open an account and download the list though they do not update it daily (the prices also do not change on a daily basis). Registration there will take less than a minute and then you can get a PDF list of prices and do your price analysis for the external hard disk or an assembled computer! You can also find the pdf in Google cache but then it may be an old version. By the way I bought an external hard disk (1 TB Seagate with 5-years warranty) and it cost me 4600 Rupees.

Here is a snapshot of the list of prices uploaded on 7 January 2010. You can go to the site clicking the site link above and do your price analysis and research before buying your computer or other electronics. If you do not live in Delhi, you can still use the list to compare prices.

UPDATE: CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST PDF LIST BY COST TO COST

There are also sites like npithub.com but I never found them useful! The readers may try a Google on Nehru place shops too.

2. Reema says:

My sister was in Delhi recently and told me all about this amazing place. 🙂

3. Ruchi says:

Good sharing. I was not aware of it. Really useful.

4. Vikas I bought battery chargers and some other things from Nehru Place even when I was in Bombay/Pune… But I generally walked to any random shop – and the prices were still good, but this information is terrific!! Thanks 🙂

5. Ashish Joshi says:

Hey Man,

Its an excellent inforamtion you have shared and i will agree with that…i have recently visited Nehru Place and have heard of Computer Empire and its genunity with friends but after a brief survey of the other shops landed to Computer Empire and really it gives a customer satisfaction when u deal with these guys not only their prices are best but they also guide you abt the product and others and which will be better as per personal requirements..AM NOT A TECHNO GUY…and doesnt have much information abt computer products but am a smart buyer….and all you guys trust me….COMPUTER EMPIRE in one for THE BEST….and give you 100% customer satisfaction…

6. Shashank Awasthi says:

Hey guys check out this amazing site for extreme gamers….

7. nitish says:

vikas can you tell me that can i find swap magic 3 dvd for running backups in ps2 anywhere in delhi plz reply waiting

8. nitish says:

heyy vikas i think here is no availibility of swapmagic 3 here so should i go for modchip acctually i liv in mathura n i hav got ps2 [unmodded]from delhi . A local retailer is saying that i f i give him the ps2 today he will giv me the day after tommorrow n want to take 1000rs .its a bit risky. Should i give him hre or it can be more cheaper and reliable in delhi

9. Vikas Garg says:

Any idea of website of Computer Empire. I searched on Google, Yahoo but no luck.

10. neeraj says:

yeah its completely true…..Its really a better way to shop at cheapest price but there problem is that……you have to wait long for your turn and they don’t behave properly and don’t provide complete information as they expect customer already know detail about the product from internet.
    so be prepared yourself before you there next time.

11. most battery chargers do not have an automatic termincation if the batteries are fully charged already `

12. Ravikumar says:

Very useful thanks. Gaffar market at new delhi pen drives are very cheap.4Gb Kingston pen drive just 280 as wholesale minimum 19 nos.

• Vikas says:

For Computer Empire at Nehru Place there are no restrictions. I purchased Kingston 2 number 4GB pen drive before Diwali and it costs me Rs. 280.

13. Delhihelp says:

Get complete information about Delhi, New Delhi tourism, Delhi travelers guide, hotel, shopping, Fun, Event, life style and Delhi, NCR news & updates.

14. yogesh says:

hello sir my self yogesh ,i started new computer institute in raipur sir please give me best pc price,i am waiting for reply

15. Lata says:

Purchase 4GB HP Pen Drive 100/-Rs. Only from Chandni Chowk when i was her this i was totally shocked but this happen with me but if you are intelligent Means good bargainer so you will purchase 8GB Pen Drive in same amount in chandni chowk they so many Boys stading around Gurudwara who sell out these Pen Drives.

• SUSHANTH says:

The pen drives selling by boys in Chandni Chowk , Palika Bazar were not working pen drives……. sometimes they works but mostly they doesnt works,.. so friends plz do buy such types of pendrives……….

16. Lata says:

Purchase 4GB HP Pen Drive 100/-Rs. Only from Chandni Chowk when i was her this i was totally shocked but this happen with me but if you are intelligent Means good bargainer so you will purchase 8GB Pen Drive in same amount in chandni chowk there so many Boys stading around Gurudwara who sell out these Pen Drives.

17. joe says:

thank you.. give me info?

18. Parv Sharma says:

“cost to cost” is the best place if you know how to assemble the computer , but if you don’t ,have to still depend on mediators who charge some extra bucks for service (plus commission per product extra)

19. Garth Rolan says:

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and all. However think about if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this blog could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its niche. Good blog!

20. Nandan says:

Hi their, can anyone tell me the cost for external 2.5″ 1Tb portable hard disk all brand(without power cable). I’m in Bangalore here its cost around 4,500/-. Waiting UUUUUU………….

21. Nandan says:

Here its too expensive vikas, next month i’ll be their in Delhi so need to purchase as cheep as….

22. Nandan says:

Hi Vikas,

I wanna full address of ‘Nehru Place’ in Delhi. Please send me.

Thank you….

23. shubham kumar says:

sir, please tell me about the shops in delhi.from where i can get my computer peripherals at very cheap rates. I live in haridwar and here the computer parts are too expensive. please also tell me about the best and cheap AMD processors available in the market. please also send me full address of ‘NEHRU PLACE’ in delhi.

24. sanjay says:

25. sanjay says:

my work is laptop and desktop board repair, i want shop for ic, mosfet for board, low cost for laptop spare parts.

26. Nandan says:

Hi,

Can anyone let me know wat’s the price for Nvidia GTS 450 Gddr5 1Gb Graphic Card in Nehru Place-The IT hub(cheapest)..

Thanks….

27. Prashant Kumar says:

I am a computer dealer, I want to deal with you plz convey the message to the sales team

28. lakshay says:

i want to buy a fastest cpu complete machine only(w/o monitor & key board which one i buy

29. ravi says:

in mumbai for cheap and good electronic deal for IT products Lamington road near grant road station check all the shops.

30. Amar says:

It is indeed the place to get the cheapest computer or parts but i think they are not reliable.. i am a victim of nehru place..i assembled a pc 2 years ago whcih costed me around 14000 – 15000,got it repaired and replaced more then 3 times but its still not working.. my pc switches off unprompted and on the screen it comes as no signal.. it has not even worked for2 months in a go i find it waste of money..well that was my luck. u can try yours..

31. Amar says:

Its better to buy them from a branded manufacturer through their retail outlet.. Those are reliable, and u get peace of mind and service at your doorstep..

32. vinay says:

33. Jai K says:

Hottest website for computer prices

No need to search any where else, home delivery is also available. Online shoping is available.
    Wonderful Experience, Quality service.

34. Pulkit says:

Listen guyz d shops lyk cost 2 cost n coputer empire are nt vry gud shops .dey sell importd gudz n most of dem r m authorizd by d distributors .thus it iz nt a very gud option .u cn try shopin frm other shops lyk ‘panchsheel computers’ it is a vry reasonaal shop ..n sell only authourizd gudz…hope dis info helps u…thanks

35. Pulkit says:

36. Tomm Moody says:

There is one site http://www.NehruPlaceMarket.com which i found very intersting which is telling about all nehru place IT hub mmarket and it is http://www.nehruplacemarket.com , it is all tells about it dealers listing daily computer hardware components price list in nehruplace and the product guide.

Gr8 website…

37. jaideep says:

i have been to nehru place but have to admit had a very bad experience @ cost to cost they sell out of warranty product and were very rude when confronted . I haven’t been to computer empire but i heard they sell genuine products only . Hope this comments helps other people

• Actually the sale of cost-to-cost guys are very high, thats why they dont care about their customers these days and show that they are very busy and even do not care to tell the rate or price of any item on their counter in shop, So it is just wastage of time to go to nehru place own their shop, just see their price-list online and finlize your product and just buy straightway. The price list of cost to cost can be seen in this way from Nehru Place website or from cost to cost website and stay cool..

• ajay says:

you are telling its true.
      when i have purchase my computer is to bad.
      now i am computer engineer, and dealer for genuine products. in noida

38. vijay says:

Get latest all computer price. or you can mail me for other query regarding computer related.

• Ashwin says:

11 Monitor (In plane switching) Dell S2240L 21.5″ 1920 x 1080

Dell U2312HM, which is 23-inch

Total Price

39. altaf bhai says:

sale

40. pranay says:

Do you have any Laptop repairing shop in the Nehru Place? the service centre(company) charge a very high service fee..that is why i wanted to go to a local technician…

41. Naman says:

i live in Nehru place 😀 as my clg is near that place
    anyway if anyone has any enquiry then email me ..i vl b happy to help
    email- namansharma0001@gmail.com

42. These days Wazirpur Computer Market is also becoming a famous computer market and is an emrging computer hardware market in Delhi as wel as India. So you guys can try the IT products from there also…

43. sanjay kumar says:

computar hardware and monitor

44. Prosper says:

Hey guys I want to start buying electronics ( laptop, tablets, camera, pen drive, mobile phone and some more. ) any advice on what to do and what not to do whiles in India? Also information on credible shops. Also about electronics market like in China Shenzhen Huanqiang.
    Thank you.