Indians are slowly but surely waking up to Online Shopping. I converted much earlier than most people. If you search this site you will find other reviews especially of Flipkart.
In this post I am writing some of my more recent expereinces with online shopping sites in India. I especially cover the period August 2012 to January 2013 as this is the most recent phase of my experiences. I have mostly bought books online followed by clothes and apparel, health goods and miscellaneous articles. Another online shopping these days is invariably of mobile recharge which I will soon write about in these pages. I can support everything written here with proof (order details, emails, customer care mails etc.)
Ok, here is my recent experience with online shopping sites in India.
- FLIPKART: Continues to be good, prompt service as always, no fuss. The quickest service with consistency. I have had instances of other sites like HomeShop18 deliver the goods in quick time but consistency has not been so forthcoming. Flipkart has declining discounts these days (for obvious reason of consolidation in a discount-driven online shopping market in India). Most recent experience was a poor Bata Sandal that I sent back and I got the refund for. Use Flipkart for the quickest and most reliable service if discounts do not matter to you.
- HOMESHOP18: Good and okay. Of late a bit slow in responding to emails. They supplied me so many books at great prices in late 2012. Phone no has a long queue (but not as bad as IndiaPlaza). By January 2013 they are a bit slow in replying to emails. Often good with discounts and discount coupons.
- INDIAPLAZA. COM : One of the biggest online shopping site with probably the worst customer service (and reputation?) among online shopping sites in India. In late 2012 they sent me (often promptly) many of my orders. But as on early February 2013 I am quite angry with them. I have orders pending, refunds pending and whatnot. And the website of IndiaPlaza is slow, tickets are not replied to and my latest order (an easily available book) has not been shipped in a week. Avoid IndiaPlaza.com, bad online shopping site.
- uRead: Good and quick. I have bought many books from here in 2012.
- INFIBEAM: Even worse than IndiaPlaza in replying to emails and customer care services. Very poor service in terms of refund (I had a bad experience more than once). Avoid it.
- YEBHI: I had bought many shoes from them when they were bigshoebazzar dot com (with some chaos). Of late I used the site for some clothes and service was good. Presently they have probably the most innovative website and service (like try and buy etc.). They also have their own (?) discount coupon site.
- MYNTRA: i used it lots in 2011 but of late I have not. It was good. Its big fonts (uppercase) is something that is not easy on the eye now. Good discounts sometimes.
- JABONG: Bought one Quechua rain bags set sometime in past and service was okay.
- PERFUME2ORDER: Very good for perfumes; very prompt service. Two orders in past and very quick service. Highly recommended.
- Avoid ebay, Rediff, Indiatimes shopping, Yepme and Naaptol; non-serious players who attract customers with ads and random discounts (and often have third-party sellers).
Do write a comment her if anyone wants to know any other detail: like finding discount coupons on online shopping site or online shopping recommendation.